What Is Win32/Patched.HF?
Win32/Patched.HF is a hazardous Trojan horse that is created to violate your privacy and compromise your security without any permission. Commonly, it is distributed through malicious websites or spam email attachments. Once it is installed on your computer, it can take up large amounts of system resources and thus greatly slows down the computer performance. Besides, it will create extremely dangerous files on your computer for the purpose of aggressively damaging your computer. It also drops various harmful malware like viruses, spywares and worms to your computer, which will make your system become more vulnerable. This Trojan horse can modify your desktop image, homepage and browser settings casually, and it redirects your favorite websites to other unwanted web pages. What’s worse, this Trojan horse has ability to steal your important data and sensitive information without any knowledge and permission. In order to evade removal, it will also disable your firewall and antivirus program. It is high time for you to remove Win32/Patched.HF from your computer entirely, since it can pose a serious threat to the computer safety.
Effects of Win32/Patched.HF Infection
1. Your homepage and desktop settings are changed without consent.
2. Your computer is acting slowly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
3. Your firewall and antivirus program are disabled without any permission, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
4. You are getting pestered with pop ups. It infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
5. Your browsers are constantly redirected to unknown websites.
6. Your personal information might be captured and illegal used by the creators of the Trojan horse.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced computer users. If you are less-experienced in computer operation, please download and use a powerful removal tool to remove the Trojan horse right now.
How to Deal with Win32/Patched.HF?
The Trojan horse can damage your computer terribly. It can trigger various problems like system freezing and blue screen of death. It also corrupts your computer together with other types of threats like worm and spyware. Moreover, even the best antivirus software is also disabled and difficult to delete it from your computer entirely. In this case, manual removal has been proven to be the effective way to get rid of this nasty Trojan horse. To manually remove it, you must stop its processes, search and delete all malicious files and registry entries created by it. However, manual removal is a complicated and risky task, so please back up all important data before making any changes on your computer. Follow the removal instructions below to remove this threat now.
1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Networking. Just reboot your PC and as soon as it starts booting up, please pressing F8 repeatedly until the Windows menu appears.
2. Select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option using the arrow keys, and press Enter. Then, log in as the administrator.
3. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt +Del keys at the same time or right clicking on bottom Task Bar and selecting Start Task Manager.
4. Click the Processes tap and search for the process related to Win32/Patched.HF and disable it using the “End Process” button.
5. Go to Folder Options from Control Panel. Under View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended), and then click OK.
6. Remove files infected by the Trojan horse as follows:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~dll= ’0′
7. Press Windows key + R key to open the Run command box. Then type “regedit” into the Run command box to open the Registry Editor. Find out and delete registry entries associated with Win32/Patched.HF as listed below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “ ”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’1′
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’0′
8. Reboot the computer after the above steps are done.
As the above mentioned, Win32/Patched.HF is a malicious Trojan horse designed to corrupt computer seriously. This Trojan horse spreads on the Internet and gets into users’ computers when they visit malicious websites, open spam email attachments or download infected videos and software onto their computers. After getting inside the computer, this Trojan horse will slow down the computer performance sharply, trigger poor Internet connection and even lead to system crash and file missing problems. Since the advanced antivirus software is usually disabled by this harmful Trojan horse, thus, manual removal is required. However, any mistakes could lead to unpredictable system problems when users remove the threat manually. If you find it difficult to follow the removal guide above, we suggest that you download and install a powerful removal tool on your computer. This removal tool will offer you the most effective tech support to remove Win32/Patched.HF from your computer completely. Besides, it can delete and remove other malicious programs on your computer quickly and effectively.