Computer shows some weird symptoms and cannot work properly? PWS:HTML/Phish.DD is detected on your computer but you cannot remove it completely? If so, you should not put this threat on one side for it is really dangerous. Immediate removal of this Trojan horse is extremely important. By reading this post, you can learn how to easily remove PWS:HTML/Phish.DD from your infected computer.
Information about the Trojan Horse
PWS:HTML/Phish.DD is a malicious Trojan horse that belongs to the notorious PWS:HTML/Phish family designed to steal online banking details of the victims. It is usually distributed through spam email attachments, free software, malicious websites and infected files in p2p networks. As it gains the access to your computer via these means, it will perform all sorts of actions to take control over your infected system. It will mess up your system by corrupting Windows registry, modifying or deleting important files and downloading additional malwares. Thus, it will dramatically slow down your computer and make your system unstable. What serious is that this Trojan horse infects your computer aiming to steal you financial information for the remote hackers. It will send you a fake email seemed from the PayPal, requiring you to fill out your information in the form on a particular webpage. As you click on the link provided in this email, you will be linked to a phishing webpage where you are demanded to put your personal details. Then, the remote hackers can easily capture your private information.
Here are the screenshots of the phishing web pages.
Tips to Keep Your Computer Safe
1. Use a reliable antivirus and firewall and always keep them up-to-date. This will help you block most malicious attacks.
2. Update your operating system and software installed inside regularly, which will help lower the risk of being infected by malware.
3. Try not to visit some malicious websites, download freeware/shareware from trusless sources, or open spam attachments.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced computer users. If you are less-experienced in computer operation, please download and use a powerful removal tool to remove the Trojan horse right now.
How to Remove PWS:HTML/Phish.DD
It is no doubt that PWS:HTML/Phish.DD can pose a great threat to your computer security as well as privacy security and it should be removed as soon as possible. You can try restoring the system to remove this infection from your computer.
1. Log on to Windows as an administrator.
2. Click on Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then the “Welcome to System Restore” page will appear.
3. Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click “Next”. The “Select a Restore Point” page appears.
4. Click the “most recent system restore point” in the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click “Next”.
5. Click OK when a System Restore message appears.
6. Click “Next” on the “Confirm Restore Point Selection” page. Wait the restoring process and then restart the computer.
7. Log on to Windows as an administrator. On the “System Restore Restoration Complete” page, please click OK.
Note that the system restore does not always ensure a complete removal of the threat. If the malicious Trojan horse has been infected all the restore points, it can recover itself after you perform the system restore. If you have finished the steps above but still find the signs of this Trojan horse, then it is highly recommended that you use an excellent removal tool to help get rid of PWS:HTML/Phish.DD from your infected computer. Using a removal tool is easier, safer and more effective that than removing the Trojan horse via system restore. Get annoying by the Trojan horse on your computer? Have no ideas how to get rid of it? Still fail to remove the threat after restoring the system? Try an excellent removal tool now!