Find that CrossBrowser has been installed on your computer without your knowledge? Have never heard of this web browser and want to get rid of it from your computer completely? This post will guide you through the removal. Please continue reading.
CrossBrowser appears to be a helpful browser that is built for speed, simplicity and security. Properly speaking, this software is not technically a virus, however, it is considered as a potentially unwanted program, due to the fact that this software often gets installed on users’ computer and makes itself as the default browser without asking any approval. Therefore, it is suggested that you remove CrossBrowser completely from your computer for it may act in an undesirable way on your PC, which could causes various problems to you. The following are some examples:
● Default browser is changed to CrossBrowser without your consent.
● Default homepage and search engine are replaced by unknown ones.
● Many commercial ads pop up on the browser.
● Search results are redirected to unwanted websites.
● Unknown extensions, add-ons and toolbars are installed onto the browser.
● Unfamiliar website URLs are added to the bookmark list and favorite folder.
● Personal information are collected and transmitted to unknown people.
CrossBrowser may come bundled with the software you download from the unsafe sources. The cyber hackers have injected its installer in some freeware or shareware. As you install the software you want, it gets installed on your computer as well. You may not notice its installation process, since it gets installed totally in the background of the system. In some cases, it enters your computer via spam email attachments, suspicious links, dubious websites, and pop-up ads. If you want to avoid installing any potentially unwanted program like CrossBrowser, you have to observe each step when downloading and installing software, and uncheck any box which allows an unfamiliar program to install on your computer. Also, you should use cautious when browsing the web. Don’t rashly download any attachments sent by unknown people and avoid clicking any questionable links and pop-ups.
If you have found CrossBrowser and don’t want to keep it on your computer, then you can follow the removal guide given below to get rid of it. But it should be reminded that, the manual removal is a cumbersome and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced users. If you are a novice user, it is a better option to use an automatic removal tool as following to help you out:
How to Remove CrossBrowser?
There two ways to remove this potentially unwanted program from your computer. You can either manually remove it or use a legitimate malware removal tool to clean it automatically. The following are the guides that show how to remove CrossBrowser step by step.
➣ Option 1: Manually Remove the Potentially Unwanted Program.
Option 1: Manually Remove the Potentially Unwanted Program.
Step 1: Uninstall CrossBrowser from Windows.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Uninstall a program”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
1. Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”.
2. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Remove” button.
Windows 8 users:
1. Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search”.
2. Type “Uninstall a program”, then click “Settings”.
3. In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program”.
4. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking “Uninstall / Change” button.
1. Click “Finder”, in the opened screen and select “Applications”.
2. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select “Empty Trash”.
3. In the uninstall programs window, look for “CrossBrowser” and uninstall it by clicking “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Step 2: Click the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel”. Click on the “Appearance and Personalization” link and then click on “Folder Options”. Under the “View” tab, select the radio button labeled “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”, remove the checkmark from the box labeled “Hide protecting operating system files (Recommended)” and click” OK”.
Step 3: Look for the files related to CrossBrowser in the local disk C. Select and right click on them, and click on the “Delete” option. (You can use the search function to look for those malicious files)
Step4: Click on the Start button, in the search box, type “regedit”, and click on “regedit.exe” from the results list. Once the Registry Editor is opened, search for any registry entries associated with the potentially unwanted program and delete them all.
Option 2: Automatically Remove the Potentially Unwanted Program.
If you have no much experience of dealing with processes, files and registry entries, then you can consider using a powerful removal tool to easily and completely eliminate CrossBrowser from your infected computer.
SpyHunter is a professional malware removal tool especially designed to help computer users remove various types of malware and block malicious attacks from the online world. Now you can download and use this removal tool to deal with this potentially unwanted program.
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by clicking the download button below.
Step 2: Once the downloading finishes, double-click the file to run it. When a window pops up to ask if you want to run this file, allow it to run and follow the instructions to install SpyHunter on your computer.
Step 3: Now launch SpyHunter and click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan your entire system for CrossBrowser or any other hiding threats on your computer.
Step 4:As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a powerful malware removal tool designed with advanced techniques and latest algorithms to detect and remove any potential computer threats. To thoroughly get rid of CrossBrowser with ease, you can rely on this removal tool. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the download button below.
Step 2: When the mbam.exe file is downloaded onto your computer, double click on it and follow the prompts to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your computer.
Step 3: Once the installation finishes, launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to scan your system.
Step 4: Once the scan is complete, all detected items will be shown in a list with their types, actions and locations. Click on “Quarantine All” and click the “Apply Actions” button. Then, the malicious items will be quarantined by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
How to Keep Your PC Safe?
● Install quality antivirus or anti-malware software. Keep it updated, turned on, and schedule a scan to run at least once a month.
● Keep your operating system up-to-date. Make sure that you have set the Windows to automatically notify you of updates, or better yet, to automatically download and install updates.
● Adjust your browsers’ security settings to maximize its ability to prevent unwelcome intrusions.
● Never open an attachment from someone you don’t know or if an email looks suspicious.
● Avoid downloading and installing pirated software which often contains adware, viruses, and spyware that can cause system damage, data loss, and even identity theft.
● Ignore emails or websites that promise you a great prize as there is always a catch behind this type of promises.
● Do not click on a link in an unsolicited email. Before you click on a link, always hover over it (especially one with a shortened URL) to see where the link is really taking you.
● Try not to download free software from unfamiliar websites. If you really want to download a file or software from the unsure sources, please do a malware scanning beforehand.
● Scan USB flash drives or other removable drives before they are connected to your computer.
Warm Tips: The manual removal steps above may be difficult for novice users to accomplish. Without sufficient computer experience, users may not be able to identify the actual malicious files and registry entries and delete them completely. If any components are wrongly deleted, it might cause some system errors and even system crash. Therefore, if you don’t have certain level of computer troubleshooting skills, it is a better option to quickly and safely remove CrossBrowser by using a powerful malware removal tool. Click the button below and get a tool to help you right now!