The annoying XP Defender 2013 (also known as XP Defender) gets into your computer? Is it difficult to remove this threat from your computer? Are you wondering how to effectively get rid of this fake anti-malware program? Read this post which offers some practical solutions to remove XP Defender 2013 safely and effectively.
Information about XP Defender2013
XP Defender 2013 is a new rogue antispyware program that infects more and more systems through the Internet nowadays. The program is distributed and installed with the help of Trojans and other malware. It may look like legitimate malware removal tool, but in reality it is a rogue program that blocks legitimate Windows applications and displays various fake error messages, warning that your computer is infected with a lot of viruses, Trojans, or worms. In this way, it can make you believe that your system is really infected and you must immediately buy and use this fake anti-malware program to get rid of the infections. But think twice. If you purchase this rogue program, you will get nothing but only lost time and money. When it sneaks into your computer, the fake program will hijack Internet Explorer and Firefox in an attempt to prevent you from visiting security websites. Also, it will modify the Windows configuration so that every time you launch the Windows, it will run automatically.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced computer users. If you are less-experienced in computer operation, please download and use a powerful removal tool to remove the rogue program right now.
How to Remove XP Defender 2013 Virus?
Solution 1: Automatically Remove the Rogue Program
Anti-malware program offers superior benefits including real-time constant protection against any potential threats. It will detect and remove any future threats that may occur including viruses, spyware, Trojans, registry infections and more. It is a great all-in-one solution for your computer security needs and that is why we recommend it. The virus removal instructions we have outlined below has been proven remove this virus. Follow these steps:
1. To begin, go ahead and reboot the infected computer. Immediately as the computer begins to boot, press F8 many times that allows you to access the Advanced Options Menu.
2. Once you are in the Advanced Options Menu, use your arrow keys and select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option. Press enter when you have selected that option.
3. Windows will now boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Safe Mode with Networking will allow you to remove XP Defender 2013 which it would not allow when Windows was in normal mode.
4. Download and install the newly antivirus software on your computer and update it to the latest version because your current antivirus program may not even recognize this threat if you are not updating virus database of the program every day.
5. Now perform a whole scan to detect and remove all infected virus from computer completely.
Solution 2: Manually Remove the Rogue Program
Removing XP Defender 2012 manually is risky and you might face additional problems If you do something wrong during the removal process. Because you need to do everything yourself without any help from automated tools and it is not easy to check all folders for malicious and suspicious files. Besides, if you delete a wrong file or registry entry during manual removal, your computer can get into further problems. So be careful and follow these manual removal steps at your own risk:
1. Restart your computer into the Safe Mode with Networking (follow the steps above to achieve this).
2. Please open the Task Manager by using the keys Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Then find and terminate the active process of the fake program using “End Process” button.
3. Open Control Panel from Start menu; then find Folder Options and under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) then click OK;
4. Delete infected files:
5. After that, click on Start–Run, type “regedit” and press Enter to access registry editor.
5. In registry editor, you need to search for and remove registry entries associated with XP Defender 2013.
Please note that removing the rogue program manually is a lot of work and results are not guaranteed. If you make a mistake during removal process, you will not get rid of the virus and it can restore itself on next reboot. If you don’t get desired success with manual removal steps, it is recommended using trusted removal tool which can remove XP Defender 2013 automatically and successfully.