Is your favorite home page on Internet Explorer suddenly changed to an unfamiliar web site called Search.us.com? Why can’t it be changed or removed? Are you feeling headache of this annoyed virus issue but have no idea how to do? Apparently, your browser has been hijacked by a browser redirect virus! If you are the one among those who are suffering this pain, please take it easy, as we have a step-by-step guide to help you remove this virus completely.
Screenshot of Search.us.com Hijacker:
Search.us.com virus belongs to browser hijacker’s category that modify all browsers they find on the PC and additionally cause continuous redirections to websites having nothing to do with the search query of the user. Along with the web page there also contains malicious messages which are trying to act like a legitimate website. Actually it’s a tricky virus that never should be trusted as a lot of computer users have reported being redirected to those web pages against their willing. You may get this nasty virus when you click unknown links, open the attachment of strange e-mail or download unverified software from the Internet. Once you get this virus in your computer, your web browser will be automatically redirected to Ad web pages or other odd websites that are supported by intended companies aiming to collect your personal information or lure you to buy their products. Beside that, it additional modifies the homepage or startup page without notice. When you try to get online, you’ll start to be redirected to other unwanted web sites and experience lots of pop up ads. All these given sites and links contain more viruses including Trojans, malware and ransomware.
Will Antivirus Programs Help Remove the Hijacker?
Search.us.com is very stubborn and pretty difficult to remove because no anti-virus programs are able to kill it successfully up to now. Why anti-virus tools fail to catch this virus? Are they out of date or not good enough? No! Even if your anti-virus works so well for the last couple months, hackers can still put this browser hijacker through because this nasty virus is changeable and create every single day. What’s more, it is capable to escape detection not alone delete it. So there isn’t perfect security software for every virus including the new ones and the old. Thus, manual removal is recommended here as a helpful way.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced computer users. If you are less-experienced in computer operation, please download and use a powerful removal tool to remove the virus right now.
The Best Way to Remove Search.us.com Virus Step by Step
To make sure all the important files are not damaged, please make a backup beforehand. Since manual removal needs expert skills so it’s only feasible for advanced users. Try to follow the following guide to remove this virus completely.
1. Restart your computer. When it boots up, you should tap F8 key on your keyboard several times. When the Windows Advanced Option Menu appears, you need to highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” with the arrow keys and press Enter to proceed. Then the Windows will start into the Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard or right click on the bottom task-bar to open the Windows Task Manager; then scroll down to find the virus process and end it.
3. Open Folder Options from Control Panel, then click “View” tab to tick “Show hidden files and folders” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”, and then click OK.
4. Delete associated components from your computer.
%Documents and Settings%\[UserN]\Application Data\[rnd]
5. Press Windows key + R key to open the Run window and then type “regedit” into the window, and then press Enter to open Registry Editor. Look for and delete the registry entries related to Search.us.com virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
6. Go to Tools on top of Internet Explorer and select Internet Options; on Home page column, type your favorite homepage address in the Home Page bar and click OK.
Even if there’s protection from anti-virus programs on your computer, vulnerability can still happen and allow viruses sneak inside to bring constant pain to PC owners. There isn’t perfect software for every virus including the new ones and the old. In this case, manually removal is the nice solution. However, the manual removal of virus needs expert skills. If you haven’t sufficient expertise, especially in dealing with program files, processes, .DLL files and registry entries, it is not recommended to try it yourself, because any mistake may lead to fatal damage to your system. So if you want to clean up Search.us.com Hijacker thoroughly and safely, you can use a powerful and trusted removal tool to deal with it.