Win 7 Antispyware 2013 automatically scans your computer system and pops up a series of scan results showing that your computer has been infected by different types of malware? Does this unknown software recommend you to remove the infections from your machine immediately? Be cautious! This is not a legitimate security tool. Instead, it is a fake antispyware program that won’t do anything good to your computer. This post is going to discuss about Win 7 Antispyware 2013 and provide helpful guide to completely remove it from your infected computer.
Screenshot of the security scan results shown by the fake antispyware program
Win 7 Antispyware 2013 is regarded as a fake antispyware program that disguises itself as a legitimate security tool and uses fake scan results to mislead PC users into purchasing its full version (or registered version). When this fake antispyware gets installed on your computer, it will make changes to your system settings so as to allow itself to run automatically whenever you start up your computer. As it runs in the background of your system, it will keep showing you a lot of security scans so as to convince you that your computer system is at great risk, and you need to buy its full version to completely remove all found infections from your computer. You should know that all the scan results this fake antispyware program displays are bogus and should be ignored absolutely. Win 7 Antispyware 2013 will not only try to trick you into buying its full version, but also perform other malicious activities to mess up you system. Here is a simple list of what this antispyware will do when inside your machine:
It changes your system settings without any permission.
It adds malicious registry entries into the Windows registry.
It blocks the execution of programs installed on your computer.
It pops up a number of fake security warnings.
It blocks your access to the Internet.
It traces your browser history and monitors your online activities.
It collects your confidential information for the remote hackers.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task which should only be attempted by advanced computer users. If you are less-experienced in computer operation, please download and use a powerful removal tool to remove the rogue program right now.
Guide to Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2013 from Your PC
As you can see from above, this fake antispyware program is very dangerous and needs to be removed from your infected computer promptly. To remove this pesky thing, you can follow the manual removal guide below:
1. Reboot your computer and when it starts loading, you should press F8 key on the keyboard constantly.
2. Highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option from the list by using the arrow keys on the keyboard and press Enter to proceed.
3. Press the keys CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously and enter the Windows Task Manager. Select the tab of “Processes” and search for Win 7 Antispyware 2013 related processes in the list of all running processes. Then you should stop all of them with the “End Process” button.
4. Go into the C drive, find out and delete the files related to the antispyware completely.
5. Press the Windows key + R key to bring up the Run common box, type “regedit” into the box, and then press Enter.
6. When you go into the Registry Editor, search for the registry entries associated with this rogue program as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\[fake program name]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableTaskMgr’ = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[fake program name]
7. Restart your computer in normal mode after all the steps above are finished.
Still cannot remove the malicious antispyware from your computer after manually removing it by following the guide given above? What should you do now? Don’t worry. The manual removal is not the only way to cope with this rogue program. To easily and completely eliminate Win 7 Antispyware 2013, it is highly recommended that you download a professional removal tool and use it to perform the removal task. A removal tool equipped with advanced scanning algorithm and features will be able to accurately detect the files and registry entries related to the rogue program and then forcefully remove them out of your computer. This makes up the defect of manual removal.